Saturday, November 2, 2013

Cookies for Breakfast?

    You read that correctly, the Suttons now eat cookies for breakfast! I ran into this gem of a recipe on Sally's Baking Addiction. The recipe itself is a cinch, gathering ingredients was the hardest part. I ended up finding cranberry apple butter at Trader Joes (and picked up some pumpkin butter to try out in the next few batches).

    So far I've made two batches. Each batch received the basic ingredients of the recipe, with the exception of cranberry apple butter instead of plain, honey instead of syrup, and peanut butter instead of almond butter. The additions were slightly different. I ditched the cranberries, as I don't like cooked fruit. Or dried fruit. Have I mentioned I'm a super picky eater? Our cookies received a healthy dose of Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and 1/4 cup of ground flax seed. In one batch I added a tablespoon of cocoa powder, which I would definitely do again. 

    The cookies are delicious! Their consistency reminds me of no bake cookies, but really thick. Asher loves them, which is wonderful. He needed something to replace yogurt, and this more than does the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment